Telecom ParisTech has an open tenured position of Associate Professor in the domain of networking, and in particular Internet of Things (IoT), starting in September 2016. The selected candidate will join the NMS (network, mobility, services) research group of the department of Computer Science and Networking.
Telecom ParisTech, part of University Paris-Saclay, is one of the top French higher education institutions on information and communication technology. Together with CNRS, it forms a research unit of about 170 faculty members and researchers.
The NMS research group is currently composed of 12 faculty members, 1 CNRS researcher and 1 engineer. The group has a strong expertise in network protocols and algorithms, ranging from wireless networks to optical networks, and in related mathematical tools (queueing theory, stochastic geometry, graphs, control, optimization).
The candidate will conduct innovative research in the domain of IoT, using the experimental platforms available at Telecom ParisTech. The candidate is also expected to contribute to ongoing industrial collaborations and to set up new collaborations, in particular through national and European funded projects.
The candidate will participate to several courses at Telecom ParisTech in the field of IP networks and IoT. She/he is also expected to enrich the existing content by new courses, labs and student projects.
• Education: PhD in computer science, electrical engineering or applied mathematics in the area of networking.
• Publications in top conferences and journals
• Experience in teaching
• Deep knowledge of IoT research and technology
• Language skills: English (fluent) and French (preferable but not required)
• Skills in embedded systems (e.g., Arduino, Raspberry Pi)
• Administration of computer systems
The application consists of:
• a complete and detailed resume, including the publications and the names and contact information of two referees
• a document detailing past activities of the candidate in both research and teaching
• a short document (maximum 2 pages) describing the candidate’s project in research and teaching
• February 15, 2016: application deadline (extended)
• September 1, 2016: position starting